Entering your Freshmen year of college? Or are you just thinking of a major change? We compiled a list of the best majors offered at Fort Hays State University. All of this information was gathered from a recent Forbes article about the top college majors with the highest starting salary. We compared this with majors that FHSU offers. If you have no idea what you want to do, a safe bet is to pick something that pays well and supports your future ambitions.
- Agricultural Business
- Average Annual Starting Salary: $43,214
- Salary Range: $23,000-$55,000
- Average Annual Starting Salary: $43,404
- Salary Range: $30,000-$71,400
Marketing is one of the most important departments for companies all over the world. With marketing techniques changing constantly, businesses must make sure they’re on top of the latest trends. A marketing degree is ranked 18th on Forbes Highest Starting Salaries.
- Average Annual Starting Salary: $43,481
- Salary Range: $27,300-$68,000
- Mathematics (includes applied)
- Average Annual Starting Salary: $44,609
- Salary Range: $32,700-$65,000
Chemistry, ranked 16th on Forbes, is the study of matter and the changes it can undergo. Job opportunities can be in government, education, and the health field, as well as scientific research agencies.
- Average Annual Starting Salary: $45,209
- Salary Range: $30,800-$75,400
Ranked 12th on Forbes list of Top Majors, Accounting is a great field to go in with plenty of jobs available at a high salary. It can be a tough major and requires you to be pretty good at math, but if you’re up for the challenge then the payoff is great!
- Average Annual Starting Salary: $47,834
- Salary Range: $30,000-$73,900
Much like Accounting, Finance is a great major choice for those who exceed in math and business. It also has a bunch of job opportunities in the area and around the world, and it’s only growing. Finance is ranked 11th on the Forbes list.
- Average Annual Starting Salary: $48,785
- Salary Range: $30,000-$75,950
- Average Annual Starting Salary: $49,672
- Salary Range: $23,850-$76,050
- Management Information Systems
Ranked 9th on the Forbes article, Management Information Systems is a great road to go on if you are good with computers and are interested in learning more about hardware, software, networks, and security, plus salaries that companies pay are really competitive.
- Average Annual Starting Salary: $51,690
- Salary Range: $30,000-$85,000
- Computer Science
Ranked 7th on the Forbes, Computer Science is a great area to major in if you enjoy working with computers, much like Management Information Systems. On top of that, the starting salary is the highest out of all FHSU majors, making this a great field to go in to.
- Average Annual Starting Salary: $56,974
- Salary Range: $34,000-$86,000
Now that you know the best majors, check out some of the best places to eat in Hays.